Avi SDK and Migration Tools 16.4 Release Notes
This article describes packaging changes, new features, and fixes in Avi SDK and Migration Tools release 16.4.
On GitHub, see here.
avinetscalerconverter tools have been merged into a new
avimigrationtools package. All new conversion tools will be part of the
avimigrationtools package. There are no changes to the
Installation of Avi Migration Tools
pip install avimigrationtools avisdk
Migrate a subset of virtual services and all dependent profiles
--vs_filter VS_FILTER comma-separated-name-list-of-virtual-services
The above option will only migrate the list of comma-separated virtual services. This is useful when migrating a partial list of applications from an F5/NetScaler to Avi Vantage.
Per-virtual-service list of all skipped settings
Per-virtual service list of all skipped settings that were skipped in the virtual service and all referenced objects. It is a complete picture of any settings that were not successfully migrated.
Conversion status enhancements
The conversion status Excel spreadsheet includes a pivot table of all the partial, skipped and successful settings. It provides an easy way to know whether all settings related to an application were successfully migrated.
Enhancements to the conversion summary
Total Objects of PoolGroup : 0 Total Objects of HTTPPolicySet : 2 Total Objects of VirtualService : 10 Total Objects of VrfContext : 0 Total Objects of NetworkSecurityPolicy : 0 Total Objects of SSLKeyAndCertificate : 2 Total Objects of NetworkProfile : 23 Total Objects of VSDataScriptSet : 2 Total Objects of ApplicationPersistenceProfile : 10 Total Objects of ApplicationProfile : 27 Total Objects of SSLProfile : 18 Total Objects of HealthMonitor : 22 Total Objects of StringGroup : 5 Total Objects of Pool : 11 Total Objects of PKIProfile : 0 SKIPPED: 22 SUCCESSFUL: 74 NOT APPLICABLE: 18 ERROR: 0 PARTIAL: 2 DATASCRIPT: 2
Config patch support
--patch PATCH PATCH
config_patch capability to patch additional settings to the output of the Avi configuration JSON file.
Option to merge profiles
Option to merge profiles such as SSK across multiple virtual services or keep a copy per virtual service.
Option to ignore settings during conversion
--ignore_config IGNORE_CONFIG config-JSON-to-skip-the-config-in-conversion
Any F5 or NetScaler settings matching this name would be skipped during conversion. This is useful to ignore certain settings that are not applicable in cloud based deployments.
Important bug fixes
- Full test automation that validates conversion over variety of conversion files using Jenkins.
- AV-16585: F5 conversion script wrongly puts server response data into maintenance server response data field
- AV-18930: F5 converter Add support for health monitor port.
- AV-16583: TCP half open missing in F5 conversion script.
- AV-18931: F5 converter: Mark status of a node as NA.
- AV-18926: F5converter: Add support for sys_http_to_https_redirect rule.
- AV-18928: F5 Converter: Move to NA inherit-cert keychain, allow-http-10.
- AV-18927: F5 Converter: Ignore for Val allow-non-ssl=disabled, min-active-members=1.
- AV-18871: Flag-based duplicate profile merging and add support to merge SSL profiles.
Updated: 2018-01-24 01:08:23 +0000