Avi Kubernetes Operator Version 1.8 Release Notes
The Avi Vantage platform integration with OpenShift/ Kubernetes provides a redesigned architecture involving a new operator called Avi Kubernetes Operator (AKO). The following illustration outlines the components of the Avi Kubernetes integration.
Issues Resolved in AKO Version 1.8.2
- Error in passthrough virtual service DataScript execution when avi-infrasetting is applied to the passthrough ingress/route.
- Secure ingress does not work with Istio.
- Validation error Hosting parent virtualservice must have SSL enabled displayed only when the listener section is provided in the host rule.
- Security vulnerabilities in the Golang packages and the base image.
Key Changes in AKO Version 1.8.2
- Logs from Istio file watched are now changed from Error level to Warn level.
- Status of ingress/route is populated with IPv6 address in IPv6 deployments instead of IPv4 IP with an exception if public IP is configured.
What’s New in AKO Version 1.8.1
- Support for Kubernetes 1.24
- Support for
AviInfraSettingCRD in passthrough Ingresses/Routes
- Support for Istio Mutual TLS (mTLS) authentication (Tech-preview)
- Support for IPv6 frontend and backend networking (Tech-preview)
- Support to block the processing of objects in system namespaces in OpenShift and Kubernetes clusters.
Issues Resolved in AKO Version 1.8.1
secretwill not work in namespaces other than
avi-systemin OpenShift clusters.
- Insecure ingress deployment where path name contains mixed case letters, request sent to that ingress on that path returns 407 error.
Key Changes in AKO Version 1.8.1
- For Insecure Ingress deployments, priority labels associated with pools will be case-insensitive.
nodeNetworkListis not mandatory for NSX-T Overlay deployments.
Document Revision History
|November 25, 2022||Published the Release Notes for AKO version 1.8.2|
|October 07, 2022||Published the Release Notes for AKO version 1.8.1|