Avi Kubernetes Operator Version 1.9 Release Notes
The Avi Vantage platform integration with OpenShift/ Kubernetes provides a redesigned architecture involving a new operator called Avi Kubernetes Operator (AKO). The following illustration outlines the components of the Avi Kubernetes integration.
Release Notes for AKO Version 1.9.2
What’s New in AKO Version 1.9.2
- The configuration flag
useDefaultSecretsOnlyto allow AKO to handle default secrets from the namespace where AKO is installed in OpenShift environment.
Issues Resolved in AKO Version 1.9.2
- AKO is publishing incorrect next hop.
- Patch to VRF Context is failing with the error message error : route_id has duplicate values.
Release Notes for AKO Version 1.9.1
What’s New in AKO Version 1.9.1
- Support for Kubernetes v1.25 and OpenShift Container Platform 4.11
- Support to deploy AKO in HA mode.
- Support for SCTP protocol on L4 virtual services.
- Support for IPV6 networking for Antrea and Calico CNI.
- Boot-up time optimization.
Issues Resolved in AKO Version 1.9.1
- In nodeport deployment, pool servers are populated with IPV4 IP addresses even if IPFamily is set as V6.
- AKO is not cleaning up ISTIO resources even if ISTIO is disabled or
deleteConfigis set to true.
- Virtual services are not getting updated if alternate cert is updated or deleted in
Key Changes in AKO Version 1.9.1
- The Annotation ako.vmware.com/load-balancer-ip support to specify preferred IP for L4 services.
Known Issues in AKO Version 1.9.1
- When AKO is deployed in HA, 409 status code error messages will be seen in active AKO if failover happens during bulk object addition.
- When AKO is running in dedicated mode, the virtual service and VIP are not deleted from the NSX Advanced Load Balancer Controller when ingress/route, with
aviinfrasettingapplied to ingress/route, is deleted.
Document Revision History
|February 02, 2023||Published the Release Notes for AKO version 1.9.1|