Modern application architectures based on microservices have made appliance-based load balancing solutions obsolete. Containerized applications deployed in Red Hat OpenShift and Kubernetes clusters need a scalable solution for load balancing, global and local traffic management, service discovery, monitoring and security. Multi-cloud application services that offer enterprise-grade features, full automation, and real-time observability can help bring container-based applications into enterprise production environments.
Deliver Scalable, Production-Ready Containerized Applications with Avi Vantage
Applications based on microservices architecture require a modern, distributed application services platform to deliver a service mesh. Traditional appliance-based ADC solutions are no longer an option for web-scale, cloud-native applications deployed using container technology as microservices. Kubernetes and OpenShift container clusters can have tens and hundreds of pods, each containing hundreds and thousands of containers, mandating full automation and policy driven deployments.
Avi Vantage is based on a software-defined, scale-out architecture that provides traffic management, security, observability and a rich set of tools to ease application maintenance and rollouts. You can:
Application and Networking Services for
Red Hat OpenShift and Kubernetes
Avi provides a centrally orchestrated, elastic proxy services fabric with dynamic load balancing, service discovery, security, and analytics for container-based applications running in Red Hat OpenShift and Kubernetes environments.
Enterprises adopting OpenShift and Kubernetes need a cloud-native approach for traffic management and application networking services. Avi delivers a scalable, enterprise-class, and Universal Service Mesh to deploy and manage container-based applications in production environments using OpenShift and Kubernetes clusters.
The Avi Vantage Platform provides a container services network with a centralized control plane and distributed proxies:
- Avi Controller: A central control, management and analytics plane that communicates with the OpenShift and Kubernetes master, deploys and manages data plane proxies (Avi Service Engines), configures services and aggregates telemetry analytics from Avi Service Engines.
- Avi Service Engines: A service proxy deployed on every OpenShift and Kubernetes node providing the application services in the dataplane and reporting real-time telemetry analytics to the Avi Controller.
Application Services for
OpenShift-Kubernetes Container Clusters
Services such as traffic management, service discovery, container monitoring, analytics and security remain a critical component for enterprises to deploy containers in production.
Avi provides a proven service mesh to deploy container-based applications workloads in production environments using OpenShift-Kubernetes clusters.
Multi-Cloud Load Balancing for OpenShift and Kubernetes
Avi extends L4-L7 services with automation, elasticity/autoscaling and continuous delivery onto OpenShift & Kubernetes Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Also, Avi provides unprecedented visibility into OpenShift/Kubernetes applications showing service dependencies using application maps.
Load Balancing and Traffic Management
Enterprise-class load balancing for mission-critical application deployments in OpenShift and Kubernetes clusters.
- Load balancing for L4 (TCP/UDP) and L7 (HTTP, DNS) with autoscaling
- Extension to multi-cluster, multi-cloud and global server load balancing (GSLB)
- Session persistence for HTTP cookie, source IP, TLS ticket, caching and compression
- URL switching and redirection, content modification for header and payload
- Priority pool and traffic migration for blue-green, canary deployment patterns
Monitoring and Analytics
Avi Controller aggregates this information from Avi Service Engines, making it available via dashboards and REST APIs for quick utilization by network administrators.
- Over 500 individual metrics across L4/L7 application services
- Logs of every HTTP or TCP/UDP transaction
- Dynamic application maps visualizing service-to-service communications
- End-to-end timing from end users to applications
- Application health score, client and security insights
Container Networking Security
Avi Vantage offers a secure services fabric for enterprise-class applications deployment. It includes the following security capabilities:
- TLS/SSL protocol offload and secure TLS certificate/key management
- Micro-segmentation for IP address and microservices-based security access policies
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) for L7 applications
- DDoS detection and mitigation for L4 and L7 attacks
- Single sign-on (SSO) integration for enterprise-grade authentication and authorization