Modern application architectures based on microservices have made appliance-based load balancing solutions obsolete. Multi-cloud application services can help enterprises deploy container-based applications in Kubernetes and OpenShift clusters into production quickly.
Deliver Scalable, Production-Ready Containerized Applications
Applications based on microservices architecture require a modern, distributed application services platform to deliver a service mesh. Traditional appliance-based ADC solutions are no longer an option for web-scale, cloud-native applications deployed using container technology such as microservices. Kubernetes and OpenShift container clusters can have tens and hundreds of pods, each containing hundreds and thousands of containers, mandating full automation and policy driven deployments.
Containerized applications deployed in Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift clusters need a scalable solution for load balancing, global and local traffic management, service discovery, monitoring and security. Avi Vantage is based on a software-defined, scale-out architecture that provides traffic management, security, observability and a rich set of tools to ease application maintenance and rollouts. You can:
Application and Networking Services for
Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
Avi provides a centrally orchestrated, elastic proxy services fabric with dynamic load balancing, service discovery, security, and analytics for container-based applications running in Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift environments.
Enterprises adopting Kubernetes and OpenShift need a cloud-native approach for traffic management and application networking services. Avi delivers a scalable, enterprise-class, and Universal Service Mesh to deploy and manage container-based applications in production environments using Kubernetes and OpenShift clusters.
The Avi Vantage Platform provides a container services network with a centralized control plane and distributed proxies:
- Avi Controller: A central control, management and analytics plane that communicates with the Kubernetes and OpenShift master, deploys and manages data plane proxies (Avi Service Engines), configures services and aggregates telemetry analytics from Avi Service Engines.
- Avi Service Engines: A service proxy deployed on every Kubernetes and OpenShift node providing the application services in the dataplane and reporting real-time telemetry analytics to the Avi Controller.
Multi-Cloud Load Balancing for Kubernetes and OpenShift
Avi extends L4-L7 services with automation, elasticity/autoscaling and continuous delivery onto Kubernetes & OpenShift Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Also, Avi provides unprecedented visibility into Kubernetes/OpenShift applications showing service dependencies using application maps.
Enterprise-class load balancing for mission-critical application deployments in Kubernetes and OpenShift clusters.
- Load balancing for L4 (TCP/UDP) and L7 (HTTP, DNS) with autoscaling
- Extension to multi-cluster, multi-cloud and global server load balancing (GSLB)
- Session persistence for HTTP cookie, source IP, TLS ticket, caching and compression
- URL switching and redirection, content modification for header and payload
- Priority pool and traffic migration for blue-green, canary deployment patterns
Avi Controller aggregates this information from Avi Service Engines, making it available via dashboards and REST APIs for quick utilization by network administrators.
- Over 500 individual metrics across L4/L7 application services
- Logs of every HTTP or TCP/UDP transaction
- Dynamic application maps visualizing service-to-service communications
- End-to-end timing from end users to applications
- Application health score, client and security insights
Avi Vantage offers a secure services fabric for enterprise-class applications deployment. It includes the following security capabilities:
- TLS/SSL protocol offload and secure TLS certificate/key management
- Micro-segmentation for IP address and microservices-based security access policies
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) for L7 applications
- DDoS detection and mitigation for L4 and L7 attacks
- Single sign-on (SSO) integration for enterprise-grade authentication and authorization
Application Services for
Kubernetes-OpenShift Container Clusters
Services such as traffic management, service discovery, container monitoring, analytics and security remain a critical component for enterprises to deploy containers in production.
Avi provides a proven service mesh to deploy container-based applications workloads in production environments using Kubernetes-OpenShift clusters.