Avi Vantage delivers multi-cloud application services such as load balancing for containerized applications with microservices architecture through dynamic service discovery, application maps, and security. Container Ingress provides enterprise-class North-South (Kubernetes ingress) traffic management, including local and global server load balancing (GSLB), web application firewall (WAF) and performance monitoring, across multi-cluster, multi-region, and multi-cloud environments. Avi integrates seamlessly with Kubernetes for container and microservices orchestration and security.
- Multi-Infra: Traditional and cloud-native apps in VMs/bare metal/containers
- Multi-Cluster: Inter/intra container cluster management and secure gateways
- Multi-Region: GSLB for multiple regions and geo-ware load balancing
- Multi-Cloud: Across on-premises data centers and multi-region public clouds
- Advanced ingress gateway with integrated IPAM/DNS
- L4-7 load balancing with SSL/TLS offload
- Automated service discovery and application map
- Zero trust security model and encryption
- Distributed WAF for application security
- Single sign-on (SSO) integration
- Real-time application and container performance monitoring with tracing
- Big data driven connection log analytics
- Machine learning-based insights and app health analytics
Global & Local Traffic Management
With an array of network proxies on each node in the container cluster each proxy serves as an ingress gateway between containers and servers. The interactions are visualized in an application map. Enterprise-class application services for containerized applications, orchestrated by platforms like Kubernetes, include:
- Load balancing, health monitoring, TLS/SSL offload, certificate management, session persistence, content/URL switching
- Redirecting requests to the appropriate site/region based on the availability, locality of the user to the site, site persistence and load
- Content/URL switching, redirection, error page, caching, compression and on-demand autoscaling
Application & Container Monitoring and Analytics
Analytics is the foundation for intent-based systems to collect, aggregate, accumulate, store, and rollup metrics and logs, especially for containerized applications with a microservices framework. Avi provides the following features without having to instrument each application:
- Application Map: Real-time dynamic map of communications between microservices available as a dependency map. Operators can extract critical metrics such as latency, bandwidth, request rate, etc. across microservices deployment architectures.
- Analytics Dashboard: An end-to-end latency view of all transactions in addition to real-time and historic views of critical metrics such as requests/transaction/connection rate/throughput.
- Log File Analytics: Logs of every significant transaction including errors and excessive latencies with built-in analytics by pool member, response time, device type and more.
- Security Analytics: A breakdown of TLS/SSL versions, transaction rate, health score based on SSL security profiles and certificates, DDoS analytics including type of attacks, and detection on bots attacks.
Dynamic Service Discovery
Service discovery bridges the gap between a service’s name and access information (IP address) by providing a dynamic mapping. Avi Vantage provides an authoritative DNS server for users’ devices and other services to map host/domain names to virtual IP addresses (VIPs) to automate service discovery, including:
- Built-in IPAM for virtual IP address allocation
- A variety of DNS configuration options and the ability to add static A and CNAME records to the DNS server
- Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) and application upgrades using a Blue-Green or canary deployment
How Enterprises Deploy Container Ingress Today
Application Networking Services
for Kubernetes Container Clusters
Services such as traffic management, service discovery, container monitoring, analytics and security remain a critical component for enterprises to deploy containers in production.
Avi Networks provides a proven Kubernetes ingress gateway to deploy and secure container-based applications workloads in production Kubernetes clusters.