Within a few short years, OpenStack has become the de facto choice for open-source cloud orchestration in private cloud deployments due to its programmability, automation, and flexibility. Unfortunately, OpenStack integration with legacy load balancers still falls short of optimal automation and self-service.
Why? Legacy load balancing appliances are extremely complex to integrate, require manual provisioning and can’t scale on demand. At the same time, open source solutions do not have enterprise-grade features to move workloads into production. As a result, enterprises using OpenStack still need a modern, intent-based solution that eliminates the input-driven manual steps and does the heavy lifting with built-in automation and analytics.
The Avi Vantage OpenStack LBaaS Solution
The Avi Vantage Platform solves these challenges by integrating natively with OpenStack components to deliver a fully orchestrated, self-service driven OpenStack LBaaS architecture. As the industry’s first intent-based application services platform, Avi Vantage provides on-demand autoscaling in response to changing performance and load requirements, automated provisioning of L4-L7 services, and web application security resulting in intelligent LBaaS for Openstack implementations
In addition, Avi’s App Insights give unparalleled visibility into end-to-end timing, real user metrics, client logs, and much more. With Avi, companies can automate application services while accelerating OpenStack implementation.
Avi Multi-Cloud LBaaS Solution for OpenStack
Learn how Avi Vantage delivered a fully orchestrated, self-service driven OpenStack networking implementation with multi-cloud automation:
- Native integration with OpenStack Neutron LBaaS, Nova, Keystone and Horizon
- REST APIs for all application services to enable openstack automation
- Full featured software load balancers on any VM or x86 server
- Actionable analytics for application performance and security
- Single point of control for distributed load balancers
- 90% faster application provisioning in OpenStack environments
- Visibility through application insights to ensure optimal performance and faster incident resolution
- Centralized policy control across Openstack private clouds, data centers or public cloud environments
- 50% less TCO compared to legacy application delivery controllers for OpenStack