OpenStack delivers the benefits of programmability and the flexibility of cloud orchestration and automation. The OpenStack use cases for application networking and elasticity need to match these automation and self-service goals. Yet OpenStack implementation often leads to challenges in networking, scalability and load balancing.
Why? Legacy load balancing appliances are extremely complex to integrate, require manual provisioning and can’t scale on demand. At the same time, open source solutions do not have the enterprise-grade features to move workloads into production. This leaves a gap that must be bridged between legacy and open source solutions.
The Avi Vantage OpenStack LBaaS Solution
The Avi Vantage Platform solves the OpenStack networking problems that an OpenStack implementation faces when it comes to application services such as automated provisioning, load balancing, application analytics, and elasticity. Avi Vantage delivers software-defined application services integrated natively with Openstack components to deliver a fully orchestrated, self-service driven OpenStack LBaaS architecture.
Avi uses software-defined principles to deliver advanced load balancer-as-a-service LBaaS for OpenStack in minutes. Avi offers central control and visibility through direct integration with the Horizon dashboard. Troubleshooting applications is easy with visual aids and record-and-replay capabilities for traffic events. With Avi, companies can automate application services while accelerating their OpenStack implementation.
Avi LBaaS and Integration with OpenStack Components
- Native integration with OpenStack Neutron LBaaS, Nova, Keystone and Horizon
- REST APIs for all application services to automate processes
>Full featured software load balancers on any VM or x86 server
- Actionable analytics for application performance and security
- Single point of control for distributed load balancers
- 5x faster application rollout in OpenStack environments
- Visibility into application traffic from Horizon dashboard for faster incident resolution
- Centralized control for distributed workloads across Openstack private clouds, data centers or public cloud environments
- Accelerated OpenStack load balancer adoption by development teams with greater than 70 percent total cost of ownership savings compared to legacy application delivery controllers
Avi LBaaS Solution for OpenStack Use Cases
Learn how Avi Vantage delivered a fully orchestrated, self-service driven OpenStack implementation with multi-cloud automation for EBSCO: