Avi Networks delivers intent-based application services including a Software Load Balancer, Intelligent Web Application Firewall (iWAF) and Elastic Service Mesh. The Avi Vantage Platform helps ensure a fast, scalable, and secure application experience.
Unlike legacy load balancers, Avi Vantage is 100% software-defined and provides:
- Multi-cloud – Consistent experience across on-premises and cloud environments through central management and orchestration
- Intelligence – Built-in analytics drive actionable insights that make autoscaling seamless, automation intelligent and decision making easy
- Automation – 100% RESTful APIs enable self-service provisioning and integration into the CI/CD pipeline for application delivery
90% Faster Self-Service Provisioning
Automation Lowers TCO
Load Balancer Cost Savings Calculator
Autoscaling of Load Balancers and Applications
The software-defined, scale-out architecture of Avi Vantage provides on-demand autoscaling of elastic load balancers. The distributed software load balancers and the backend applications can scale up or down in response to real-time traffic monitoring. Application load balancing becomes more adaptable and intelligent.
- No more overprovisioning of appliance-based (virtual or hardware) load balancers
- Elastic scale based on learned traffic thresholds
- Per-app, elastic load balancing to maintain SLAs
Web Application Analytics & Performance Insights
Take advantage of the load balancers’ privileged location (in the path of application traffic) in the data center by gathering useful insights from real-time telemetry collected from distributed service delivery components.
- Easy-to-use dashboard with actionable performance, security, and client insights
- Native integrations with analytics platforms including Splunk, AppDynamics, Grafana, and Cisco Tetration Platform
- Ability to record and replay traffic events like “Network DVR” for faster troubleshooting without depending on log files or TCPdump
- Visibility with end-to-end timing and per-application health scores based on real-time telemetries including application performance, resource utilization, security, and anomalous behavior
Automation for IT, Self-Service for Developers
Match the continuous application delivery goals and DevOps principles of modern enterprises by automating routine tasks such as virtual IP (VIP) provisioning and configuration changes.
- Application service automation through 100% REST API
- Visibility with app maps to monitor and troubleshoot apps
- Policy-driven self-service for modern web application developers
Swisslos Delivers Superior Online Experience with Modern Application Delivery from Avi Networks
Swisslos’ lottery application was supported by appliance-based load balancers that lacked elasticity, scalability and quick deployment. Poor load balancing performance impacted their ability to deliver a great end user experience.
Switching to Avi’s software defined load balancer allowed Swisslos one-click deployment, elastic scale, automation and app analytics. This resulted in reduced app troubleshooting time and operational savings of 60%.
Seven Key Considerations Before F5 or Citrix Load Balancer Refresh
Before you commit to a multi-year license and maintenance contract with your appliance-based load balancing vendor, review these key considerations and how your enterprise can expand load balancing services into full-featured application services.
- Automation and Self-Service
- Elasticity and Performance at Scale
- Application Analytics and Troubleshooting
- Multi-Cloud Application Services
- Ecosystem Integrations
- Total Cost of Ownership
Multi-Cloud Load Balancer
Natively supports multi-cloud environments with intelligent hybrid cloud traffic management, application scaling and central management. The ecosystem integrations enable network administrators to deploy elastic load balancing solutions in minutes instead of weeks.
- Container-based microservices applications get full stack L4-L7 services including service discovery, service proxy, interactive application maps and micro-segmentation capabilities
- Out-of-the-box integrations with SDN infrastructure solutions such as VMware vCenter and NSX, OpenStack, Cisco ACI/APIC, Cisco CSP (NFV), Juniper Contrail, and Nuage VSP
- Native integrations with cloud environments such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and orchestration platforms such as RedHat OpenShift, and Kubernetes
90% Faster Self-Service Provisioning
Software-defined approach enables technology integrations, centralized role-based access, and multi-tenancy to facilitate easy provisioning of applications and reduce time for application provisioning by 90%.
- Deliver over 60,000 SSL TPS on a single Intel-based server
- Policy-based triggers for predictive autoscaling – scales in and out elastically on commodity x86 hardware
- Policy-driven self-service for developers to roll out applications and integrate with orchestration services
Lower Total Cost of Ownership
Avi’s 100% software load balancers enable enterprises to size their load balancers based on application needs (instead of over-provisioning upfront) and avoid expensive hardware load balancer refreshes from legacy ADC vendors such as F5 and Citrix Netscaler.
- Over 50% TCO savings compared to the traditional appliance-based load balancers
- No need for custom proprietary hardware and increased value delivered by complimenting application/network performance management (APM/NPM) with built-in analytics
- Zero CapEx with 100% software solutions and significantly reduced OpEx with ease-of-use and advanced automation