Avi delivers multi-cloud application services including a Software Load Balancer, Web Application Firewall (WAF) and Container Ingress. Avi helps ensure a fast, scalable, and secure application experience.
Unlike legacy load balancers, Avi is 100% software-defined and provides:
- Multi-cloud – Consistent experience across on-premises and cloud environments through central management and orchestration
- Intelligence – Built-in analytics drive actionable insights that make autoscaling seamless, automation intelligent and decision making easy
- Automation – 100% RESTful APIs enable self-service provisioning and integration into the CI/CD pipeline for application delivery
Seven Key Considerations
Before Your F5 Load Balancer Refresh
Before you commit to a multi-year license and maintenance contract with your appliance-based load balancing vendor, review these key considerations and expand load balancing services into full-featured application services.
- Automation and Self-Service
- Elasticity and Performance at Scale
- App Analytics and Troubleshooting
- Multi-Cloud Application Services
- Ecosystem Integrations
- Total Cost of Ownership
Autoscaling of Load Balancers and Applications
The software-defined, scale-out architecture of Avi provides on-demand autoscaling of elastic load balancers. The distributed software load balancers and the backend applications can scale up or down in response to real-time traffic monitoring. Application load balancing becomes more adaptable and intelligent.
- No more overprovisioning of appliance-based (virtual or hardware) load balancers
- Elastic scale based on learned traffic thresholds
- Per-app, elastic load balancing to maintain SLAs
Web Application Analytics & Performance Insights
Take advantage of the load balancers’ privileged location (in the path of application traffic) in the data center by gathering useful insights from real-time telemetry collected from distributed service delivery components.
- Easy-to-use dashboard with actionable performance, security, and client insights
- Native integrations with analytics platforms including Splunk, AppDynamics, Grafana, and Cisco Tetration Platform
- Ability to record and replay traffic events like “Network DVR” for faster troubleshooting without depending on log files or TCPdump
- Visibility with end-to-end timing and per-application health scores based on real-time telemetries including application performance, resource utilization, security, and anomalous behavior
Automation for IT, Self-Service for Developers
Match the continuous application delivery goals and DevOps principles of modern enterprises by automating routine tasks such as virtual IP (VIP) provisioning and configuration changes.
- Application service automation through 100% REST API
- Visibility with app maps to monitor and troubleshoot apps
- Policy-driven self-service for modern web application developers
Swisslos Delivers Superior Online Experience with Modern Application Delivery from Avi Networks
Swisslos’ lottery application was supported by appliance-based load balancers that lacked elasticity, and scalability. Poor load balancing performance impacted their ability to deliver a great end user experience.
Switching to Avi’s software defined load balancer allowed Swisslos one-click deployment, elastic scale, automation and app analytics. This resulted in reduced app troubleshooting time and operational savings of 60%.