Enterprise interest in public cloud services like Microsoft Azure Public Cloud continues to grow. According to the RightScale 2018 State of the Cloud Report, 20% of enterprises anticipate doubling their public cloud spending, and 71% will increase by at least 20%. Increasingly, applications are deployed across data centers and multiple clouds. 81% of enterprises have a multi-cloud strategy and operate 5 clouds on average. If you are migrating existing applications to Azure, you need enterprise-grade application networking services and performance across these multi-cloud environments.
Avi Vantage Load Balancing Solution for Microsoft Azure
The platform’s architecture separates the data and control planes to deliver application services deployed across any cloud environment with central management. Avi delivers L4 – L7 application services, including elastic load balancing, GSLB, application security, real-time insights into application performance, predictive autoscaling, content-switching, caching, SSL offload, and end-to-end automation that go far beyond the capabilities in Azure load balancing services for enterprise needs.
Full-Featured Load Balancing
Enterprise-class features and advanced policy support beyond Azure load balancing services.
- Multiple load balancing algorithms
- Advanced HTTP content switching capabilities
- Comprehensive persistence
- Customizable health monitoring
- DNS services and GSLB across multiple clouds.
Automation & Integration:
A 100% REST API-based solution that delivers an as-a-service experience with native Azure API integration.
- Python SDK, Ansible playbooks, and templates for automating configuration and operations.
- Native integration with Microsoft Azure APIs to spin up VMs, allocate IPs, integrate Azure DNS, and autoscale within Azure.
- Simplified (CI/CD) operations with support blue-green deployments and canary upgrades.
Avi provides advanced security policies beyond the Azure Application Gateway and Azure Load Balancer.
- SSL offload and insights
- DDoS detection and mitigation
- Built-in WAF for web application security
- Network ACLs and advanced HTTP security policies
- Micro-segmentation in container environments
Reduced risk and improved flexibility
Avi Vantage enables workload mobility and consistent experience across on-premises and multi-cloud environments. Simplified deployments are based on business metrics such as cost, performance, security, and compliance requirements.
Central Management and Control
The Avi Controller cluster manages services for applications across multiple Virtual Networks (VNets). Auto virtual IP address allocation and auto DNS registration allow improved operations with full automation, application analytics, and centralized management.
Built-in security (iWAF), and analytics do not require third-party logging tools, Avi Vantage reduces (TCO) while providing rich functionality and a superior experience. Avi helps to ease the migration of enterprise applications into Microsoft Azure cloud, and augments Azure load balancing services such as the Azure Load Balancer and Application Gateway.
Best Practices to Load Balancing
on Microsoft Azure
Take your application networking services beyond the Microsoft Azure Load Balancer.