VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer allows you to deliver multi-cloud application services such as load balancing, application security, autoscaling, container networking, and web application firewall. NSX ALB automates application delivery, ensuring applications are available, secure, and responsive.
How Does NSX ALB’s Application Delivery Software Work?
NSX ALB uses a software-defined scale-out architecture that separates the central control plane (Controller) from the distributed data plane (Service Engine). It offers a single management point with elastic scale to match the growth of applications and businesses, where application services including load balancing, security and container ingress are provided on ONE platform across any environment.
NSX ALB is based on 100% REST APIs, fully automatable, and seamlessly integrates with the CI/CD pipeline for application delivery. With on-demand autoscaling, it can elastically scale based on application loads. Built-in analytics provide benefits to the application delivery software such as actionable insights based on performance monitoring, logs, and security events in a single dashboard (App Insights) with end-to-end visibility.
Advantages of Enterprise Application Delivery
Automation with 100% REST APIs and self-service like public cloud
- End-to-end visibility eliminates guesswork and reduces troubleshooting to minutes
- Integrates with CI/CD pipeline and speeds up application rollout
- Analytics deliver application insights and drive intelligent decisions
A proven solution to deploy container-based workloads in production environments using Kubernetes/OpenShift/Tanzu clusters.
- Ingress controller, integrated DNS and IPAM, local and global server load balancing
- Multi-cluster, multi-site support for containerized applications
- Advanced network and application security including web application firewall
- Application performance monitoring and analytics with elastic autoscaling