Modern Application Delivery Software
An overview of Avi’s consistent application delivery
Avi allows you to deliver multi-cloud application services such as load balancing, application security, autoscaling, container networking, and web application firewall. Avi automates application delivery, ensuring applications are available, secure, and responsive.
How Does Avi’s Application Delivery Software Work?
Avi uses a software-defined scale-out architecture that separates the central control plane (Avi Controller) from the distributed data plane (Avi Service Engine). It offers a single management point with elastic scale to match the growth of applications and businesses, where application services including load balancing, security and container ingress are provided on ONE platform across any environment.
Avi is based on 100% REST APIs, fully automatable, and seamlessly integrates with the CI/CD pipeline for application delivery. With on-demand autoscaling, Avi can elastically scale based on application loads. Built-in analytics provide benefits to the application delivery software such as actionable insights based on performance monitoring, logs, and security events in a single dashboard (Avi App Insights) with end-to-end visibility.
Advantages of Enterprise Application Delivery
Consistent, enterprise-grade application services including load balancing, WAF, and container networking across heterogeneous environments
- Bare metal (x86 – Intel)
- Virtual machines (VMware, OpenStack)
- Containers (Docker)
- Public clouds (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
Automation with 100% REST APIs and self-service like public cloud
- End-to-end visibility eliminates guesswork and reduces troubleshooting to minutes
- Integrates with CI/CD pipeline and speeds up application rollout
- Analytics deliver application insights and drive intelligent decisions
A proven solution to deploy container-based workloads in production environments using Kubernetes/OpenShift/Tanzu clusters.
- Ingress controller, integrated DNS and IPAM, local and global server load balancing
- Multi-cluster, multi-site support for containerized applications
- Advanced network and application security including web application firewall
- Application performance monitoring and analytics with elastic autoscaling
Learn how Avi helps enterprises achieve*:
- 27% higher application developer productivity
- 90% faster to scale capacity
- 54% fewer outages
- 43% lower cost of operations