vLAN Configuration on Bare Metal
This guide explains the vLAN configuration on the bare metal.
Configuring vLAN Interface
Avi Vantage supports vLAN trunking on bare-metal servers. If the Avi Controller is deployed on a bare-metal server, the individual physical links of the server can be configured to support 802.1q-tagged virtual LANs (vLANs). Each vLAN interface has its own IP address. Multiple vLAN interfaces per physical link are supported.
Note: Avi Vantage supports vLAN interface configuration on Linux server cloud as well. The UI configuration remains the same as explained in this document.
To configure a vLAN interface on a bare-metal server running Avi Vantage:
- Navigate to Infrastructure, and click on Service Engine (SE) where the vLAN interface is to be created.
- Click on Edit button, and the following pop-up window appears.
- Click on Create vLAN Interface.
- Select the parent interface from the drop-down list, and fill in the vLAN and IP Address fields, then click on Save. The VLAN interface appears on the Service Engine Edit page.
- Click on Save option again to commit the change.