Application-centric teams adopt solutions that are software-only, infrastructure-agnostic, and support diverse infrastructure or architectural requirements. Appliance-based application delivery controller (ADC) solutions require expensive, proprietary hardware/virtual appliances that do not elastically scale on demand to support application traffic changes. Appliance-based load balancers such as F5 BIG-IP and Citrix NetScaler fall short of application services capabilities beyond load balancing, such as application analytics, predictive autoscaling, app maps, and micro-segmentation.
Things to consider before you renew F5 BIG-IP or Citrix NetScaler:
- Do you have central control with a distributed pool of service proxies across a multi-cloud deployment?
- Can you load balance monolithic and micro-services applications consistently?
- Do you have consistent admin user experience for load balancing workloads across multiple clouds?
Can your F5 BIG-IP or Citrix NetScaler also be an APM solution?
- Do you get real-time and actionable application analytics?
- Can you predictively or automatically scale-out your load balancing and app instance with traffic, in an instant?
- Are your administrators and app owners able to troubleshoot network and app issues in <10 seconds?