Unlock Advanced Cisco Load Balancing Methods
Software defined network, such as Cisco ACI creates highly automated and programmable infrastructure to help enterprises reduce operational costs. Avi supports Cisco ACI Fabric to deliver L4-L7 application services including firewalls and load balancing.
However, today’s complex appliance-based load balancers require IT administrators to manually configure multiple network switches to steer traffic to them. This task is time-consuming and error prone. These hardware ADCs are difficult to automate and deliver self-service experiences to application teams.
Avi Vantage Platform Integration with Cisco ACI Solution
Modern applications require application delivery infrastructure to automatically scale out the capacity of application services in real time. However, with traditional load balancers, adding extra capacity often means manually adding a new appliance – virtual or physical. Administrators need to spend a lot of time defining complex policies and still lack visibility data such as application latency and performance to guarantee SLAs.
- Distributed architecture mirrors Cisco ACI automation with a central controller and distributed data plane
- Delivers self-service for app owners with 100% REST API
- Clear isolation of user roles between the Network Administrator and Load Balancer Administrator
- Load balancing services are decoupled from infrastructure
- Runs on standard x86 servers, dramatically lowering total cost of ownership
- Delivers powerful inline analytics that complements Cisco APIC’s network visibility with end-to-end (user-to-app) timing information as well as visibility into application data
- IT admins can very quickly pinpoint the source of any service degradation issues and shorten troubleshooting time and effort with searchable TCP / HTTP logs
- Automated fabric provisioning to provide elastic load balancing services, complimenting Cisco APIC centralized policies
- Capacity management in real time by creating an Avi Service Engine and making it available to the Cisco ACI dynamically without human intervention
- Autoscaling load balancers and apps based on real time traffic