Modern enterprises wanting to automate L4-L7 services and enable self-service for their developers find that appliance-based load balancers slow down application rollouts, cause overprovisioning, and increase their operational costs.
IT teams at application-centric organizations are deploying software-defined networking (SDN) infrastructure but yet lack comprehensive visibility into the end-user experience and application performance at the L4-L7 layers. Legacy, appliance-based load balancers and application delivery controllers (ADCs) offer little more than traffic counters; they lack analytics and insights, which makes troubleshooting application problems slow and complex.
These legacy solutions lack native integration with VMware NSX, the leading network virtualization platform. This makes it complex to deploy and manage applications and requires manual virtual machine setup and networking configurations. The deployment complexity and lack of visibility drive up the operational costs significantly.
Avi Vantage Integrates with VMware NSX
VMware NSX and Avi Vantage enable enterprises to deliver flexibility, agility, speed, automation, elastic scale, and cost effectiveness, for L2-L3 layers as well as L4-L7 layers for application networking.
Avi Vantage for NSX delivers an application services fabric that synchronizes in real time with the NSX controller to provide automated provisioning of elastic load balancing in the SDN environment, as well as real time analytics for applications deployed on top of the VMware NSX environment. Avi also monitors, scales, and reconfigures application services in real time in response to changing performance requirements.
Benefits of VMware NSX Integration with Avi Vantage
Enterprises are able to modernize and maximize infrastructure utilization with virtualization. The next phase of this modernization is creating application-centric capabilities in the networking stack. Avi Vantage’s native integration with VMware NSX provides application services that go beyond NSX load balancing delivering real time insights, simplifying troubleshooting, autoscaling predictively and enabling developer self-service and automation.
Integration with VMware vCenter in 30 seconds
- Discover networks, pool members, and server configurations from vCenter
- Spin up/down load balancers by querying vCenter images
- Full featured software load balancers on any VM or x86 server
- Horizontally autoscale load balancers on VMware NSX
Infrastructure-agnostic, Multi-Cloud Load Balancing
- Support multiple hypervisors in a VMware Cloud environment
- Allow fully automated, one-click deployment of APIC integrated load balancing services
- Automated load balancer provisioning, service insertion through Service Manager Mode
using REST APIs in a VMware SDN environment
Complete Isolation and Multi-tenancy
- Prevent service disruptions across multiple tenants
- Deploy VMware NSX load balancers per-application
- Deploy distributed load balancers and manage centrally for elastic load balancing in sdn.
End-to-End Traffic Visibility with Pinpoint Analytics
- Achieve zero-touch scaling via rate thresholds without requiring manual configurations
- Allow autoscaling with vCenter APIs integration
- Enable autoscaling of applications in VMware SDN environments based on real-time traffic patterns
Predictive Autoscaling of Resources
- Deliver real-time application insights to track response times, analyze connection logs, and monitor end user experience
- Allow network DVR-like capabilities to record-and-replay network incidents in NSX SDN environments
- Enable rapid troubleshooting in under a minute
Modernize your Load Balancing for VMware Environments
with Avi Vantage Platform Integration
In a VMware environment, Avi Vantage integrates seamlessly with VMware vCenter to automate service provisioning and placement, eliminating extensive change-management cycles and significantly reducing operational cost and complexity. Find out more about the technical benefits of this integration: