Google Cloud Platform Support in Avi Vantage
Avi Vantage supports integration with Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Avi Vantage offers elastic application services that extend beyond load balancing to deliver real-time application and security insights, simplify troubleshooting, auto scale predictively, and enable developer self-service and automation for applications hosted on Google Cloud Platform.
Avi Vantage for GCP provides the following functionality:
- Virtual Machines (VMs)are created using standard Google versions (For instance, CentOS 7.5). The CentOS image for the base VM is available in the Google repository.
- The Avi Controller and Avi Service Engines run as Docker containers.
- Service Engine uses a single interface for control and data traffic.
- Virtual IP (VIP) addresses are manually configured or allocated from an Avi-managed static pool. The VIP address or Stateful Network Address Translation (SNAT) addresses cannot be in the same subnet as the interface.
- The service account authentication mechanism is used. Privilege is inherited on being spawned by an authenticated entity through API cells. The Controller instance should be spawned with a read-write scope, while Service Engines are spawned with a read-only scope.
- The only Controller interaction with the Google API is to add a ‘route’ to the VIP via the instance. The Controller uses query API calls as well. The Controller also interacts with the Google Cloud Platform to program the routes.
- For SE high availability, only elastic HA modes are supported for SEs.
- VMs are created with a single interface and are assigned an IP address with a /32 mask by GCE (Google Cloud Environment) from its internal subnet.
- The GCP Avi Controller instances needs internet access for the GCP-based Linux server cloud to work. GCP instances get internet access only when they have an external IP address attached, or the instance is connected to a network, through VPN, that has internet access.
Avi Vantage offers a flexible, yet comprehensive solution that is infrastructure-independent, agile, and elastic at a reduced total cost of ownership (TCO).
The following table provides a comprehensive list of links to documentation for Google Cloud Platform integration with Avi Vantage: