Cisco ACI Support in Avi Vantage
Avi Vantage supports integration with Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI). Avi Vantage’s Controller-led architecture de-couples the control plane and the data plane. This architecture makes it possible for the Controller to automate the L4-L7, where as the ACI provides L2-L3 network automation for Service Engines.
Avi Vantage integration with Cisco ACI offers the following advantages:
- L4-L7 device creation dealt by Avi Vantage.
- Load balancer (Service Engine) monitoring and application server health.
- Clear isolation of user roles between the network administrator and load balancer administrator.
- Synchronization of tenants, bridge domains, EPGs from APIC to Avi Controller.
- Real-time application analytics.
- Application protection from L4-L7 attacks.
- APIC EPG membership monitoring to automatically add or remove application instances from pools.
- Load balancer auto scaling based on real-time performance metrics (CPU, memory, bandwidth, connections, latency)
Starting with 17.2.10, Avi Vantage has enhanced integration supported with Cisco ACI.
The following table provides a comprehensive list of links to documentation for Cisco ACI integration with Avi Vantage:
|Complete Design Guide||Avi Vantage Design Considerations with Cisco ACI|
|Service Manager Mode via REST API||Service Manager Mode via REST API with ACI on Write Access VMware Cloud|
|VMware read/no access cloud||Cisco ACI Network Policy Mode on Read/No Access VMware Cloud|
|VMware write access cloud||Cisco ACI Network Policy Mode on Write Access VMware Cloud|
|Deployment Guide||Cisco ACI with Avi Vantage Deployment Guide|
|Installation Guides||Installing Avi Vantage for Cisco ACI
|Troubleshooting Guide||Troubleshooting Avi Vantage Integration with Cisco ACI|